FORMULA® R Test System
The FORMULA® R Test System is an automated test and measuring system designed for comprehensive automated verification of the low-current DC electromagnetic relays with up to 8 coils and up to 12 contact groups.
The applications of the Test System are quality control of all stages of the relay lifecycle, including:
- testing and research of newly developed relay types in diagnostic modes
- Modes close to real conditions of relay operation in productsfactory acceptance and in-production testing in serial production: quali-fication, periodic, approval and stress testing
- certification testing
- analysis of deviations and failure prediction
- incoming inspection
The FORMULA® R meets the requirements of the metrological stan-dards for measurements and tests in microelectronics.
Developer and the manufacturer of the Test Systems:
FORMULA® R Test System performs a comprehensive diagnostic control and measurement parameters of the relay in full accordance with MIL-PRF-39016F.
Basic technical characteristics and functional capabilities
The FORMULA® R Test System have been created to provide highly reliable measurements of the parameters of relays.
The key technical characteristics of the Test Systems are defined by the following values:
The Test System is a functionally complete automated tool for measuring a wide range of low-current relays, and provides users with the following advantages:
- High readiness of equipment for measurements and tests
- Automation of all stages of the measurement process and data management
- User-friendly, fully functional software
- Automatic diagnostics and metrological calibration
- Reliability in round-the-clock operations and availability of two workstations
- Ability to work with autoloaders
Wide range of application and continuity
The concept implemented in the FORMULA® R relay Test System provides its effective application in three areas:
- as measuring tools when testing relays in full accordance with MILPRF-39016F
- as a tool for analyzing the causes and mechanisms of relay failures during production
- as a means of predicting the reliability of the relay on tests and the incoming inspection of relay
The fundamental innovations that are implemented in the Test System, provide the Consumer with the advantages of technical and metrological level, allowing:
- Relay timing parameters
- Contact resistance (resistance of the contact circuit at their closure)
- Pick-up and drop-out voltage/current using step voltage/current change program function
- dielectric withstanding voltage measurements at a voltage up to 800 V (1000 V)
- contact stabilization time and coil EMF measurements
- Identify the latent fault of the relay using a built-in high-resolution oscilloscope and software for testing and research of relays
- Perform failure analysis and prediction of relay reliability using arbitrary cyclograms
- Monitor the electrical parameters of resistor array (customized)
- Measure reed switch with low resistance contacts, short triggering and releasing times and high insulation resistance–up to 10 GΩ
Workplace ergonomics and safety
The Test System test head and the measuring stations for device under test connection are built in a special worktable supplied with the Test System.
The possibility of monitoring electromagnetic relays is provided at one or two measuring stations, with independent monitoring of two different types of relays.
As a matter of convenience, the start buttons on the operator panel are placed under the right and left hand.
In manual measurement mode, operators only work with the «Start» button and display panel that show the «Accept» and «Reject» results.
All testing results are automatically saved in the database of the Test system, as well as in the cloud data base Kamchatka®
The design ensures reliable protection of the high-voltage measurement zone, guaranteeing complete electrical safety for the operator.
For maximum performance and safety, the Test system has a fully automatic measurement mode using autoloaders and environmental chambers.
The test system’s maintainability is provided by its modular design and automated diagnostic tools, both autonomously and via the Internet, to identify test system faulty unit. Diagnostic system and test system design allow to repair the test system in case of failure within 1 day in field.
TestBox® Test Solutions
The FORMULA® R Test System delivery package includes diverse types of measurement accessories developed and manufactured by FORM to ensure that the system is introduced into the user’s operations as quickly as possible and provide a faster return on investment.
The Delivery set of the Test System includes complete instructions and documentation for self-development of test fixture for connecting the
So that FORMULA® R Test System clients can more quickly achieve their business objectives and promptly see a return on investment, FORM offers both factory-ready and custom TestBox® Test Solutions for measuring specific types of relay.
Each TestBox® Test Solution includes:
- specialized test fixture for connecting a specific type of relay
- a disk with relay test program
- a datasheet with TestBox® operating manual
- manufacturer’s warranty
The quality of the TestBox® Test Solutions is defined by their compliance with the electronic component base regulations, the technical requirements and the Customer’s specifications. The TestBox® test solutions are supplied as part of the Test System delivery set, or individually, any time throughout the life cycle of the equipment.
Today, more than 550 types of Test Solutions already developed are used by the FORMULA® Test System Clients, providing consistent metrological support for quality control of electronic components.
By purchasing the TestBox®, Clients can significantly reduce the time required to put their products on the market.TESTBOX®
Means for integration with external equipment and IT systems
On customer request we can develop and build a custom workplace solution, with external equipment integration if needed.
To meet traceability requirements, workplaces based on the FORMULA® Test System are connected to the Kamchatka® information database.
To reduce the Client’s time and costs for support work, FORM offers the following technical services to FORMULA® R Test System Clients:
- Integration of FORMULA® R Test Systems into the Client’s technological, informational and testing infrastructure, with connection of external equipment, instruments and IT networks
- Scheduled maintenance, repair and metrological services at the place where the ATE is operated
- Development of non-standard methods of testing on the Customer’s terms of reference
- Expansion of the ATE configuration according to a list of typical options, or with custom development of options
- Design of specialized test fixture or TestBox® test solutions for measurements and tests of relay
- Technical support of the Consumer at the claim settlement
The FORMULA® R Test System quality
Quality is determined by the following most important criteria, which the FORM company provides as a developer and manufacturer of the Test System:
Metrological procedures are performed in the own accredited Calibration Laboratory of the FORM manufacturing company.
Delivery composition of FORMULA® R Test System
The configuration of each Test System is determined based on an analysis of the Client’s tasks, requirements and preferences, and is reflected in the Delivery Specification, as well as in the data sheet for each Test System.
The FORMULA® R Test System has modular bus architecture and allows for custom hardware and software configuration according to the design versions indicated in the type description of the means of measurement.
The delivery set includes complete operating and metrological documentation and an initial calibration certificate.
Manufacturer’s warranties and operator support
The hardware warranty is 1 year and provides for free visits by engineers to the place where the ATE is operated for warranty repair and unscheduled metrological calibration.
At the end of the warranty period, FORM offers Clients a service contract and provides technical service and metrological service upon individual Client request.
The FORM technical support service provides FORMULA® Test System Clients with the following unlimited free services:
- Consultation via telephone, email and fax and during terminal sessions
- Methodological assistance in complaint analysis
- Remote ATE diagnostics with fault detection
- Updating of software versions
- Arranging for maintenance and repair
- Information on new ATE options and new Test Solutions
Delivery time and price
The FORMULA® R Test System delivery time is from 9–15 weeks, depending on the configuration.
The cost includes:
- 1 year warranty
- Client personnel training on rules for FORMULA® ATE operation and development of test programs
- Commissioning of Test System with application of TestBox® Test Solutions