FORMULA® TT2 Test System
Purpose and application
The high level of comprehensive automation of all stages of the measurement process provided by the FORMULA® TT2 ATE makes it possible to concentrate on the most important things – the features of operation, and analysis of deviations in the semiconductor devices tested.
The hardware/software, design and metrological solutions realized in the test system ensure highly reliable results, keep the work of test personnel free of routine and errors, and significantly increase operational efficiency when performing measurements and tests at industry facilities FORMULA® TT2 Test System
The FORMULA® TT2 Test System is a universal testing and measuring system designed for comprehensive automated verification of the static parameters of semiconductor devices: field effect and bipolar transistors, diodes, thyristors, voltage regulator diodes, optrons and microassemblies.
The applications of the Test System are quality control of semiconductor devices when conducting tests and studies of newly developed types of semiconductor devices, and during inproduction testing in series production.
The FORMULA® TT2 meets the requirements of the metrological standards for measurements and tests in microelectronics. Purpose and application
Basic technical characteristics and functional capabilities
FORMULA® TT2 Test Systems have been created to carry out highly reliable measurements of the parameters of semiconductor devices. The key technical characteristics of the Test Systems are defined by the following values:
The Test System is a functionally complete automated tool for measuring a wide range of semiconductor devices and provides users with the following advantages:
- High readiness of equipment for measurements and tests
- Automation of all stages of the measurement process and data management
- Operating modes with automated probes, handlers, test equipment and instruments
- Reliability in round-the-clock operations
- User-friendly, fully functional software
- Quickly interchangeable test fixtures
- Automatic diagnostics and metrological calibration
- Special solutions for independent metrological tests on the Client representative side (test jacks for connection of model devices).
The following capabilities of the equipment make the FORMULA® TT2 Test System easy to use:
- Short pulse (from 300 μs) mode for measurement of high-power transistors, eliminating the need for technically difficult heat removal from the device under test;
- Programming of parameters of output effects on test subject for duration and voltage/current;
- Multichip mode for testing transistor and diode assemblies;
- Device under test study modes with measurement of UI characteristic and capacity-voltage character-istic;
- Precision measurement mode in the low current range from 2 nA on wafer and in the package;
- Performance of all types of measurements with connection of semiconductor devices by a Four-terminal (Kelvin) sensing.
Workplace ergonomics and safety
The design ensures reliable protection of the high-voltage measurement zone, guaranteeing complete electrical safety for the operator.
Means for integration with external equipment
The FORMULA® TT2 Test System delivery package includes diverse types of measurement accessories developed and manufactured by FORM to ensure that the system is introduced into the user’s operations as quickly as possible and provide a faster return on investment Fig. 8.
Custom and factory-ready TestBox® Test Solutions
So that FORMULA® TT2 Test System clients can more quickly achieve their business objectives and promptly see a return on investment, FORM offers both factory-ready and custom TestBox® Test Solutions for measuring specific types of microcircuits: under normal conditions and under the impact of extreme temperatures.
A group of experienced engineers at our testing laboratory develops designs and software for Test Solutions. The quality of TestBox® Test Solutions is the result of their correspondence to the regulations on electronic components, technical requirements and Client specifications.
Each TestBox® Test Solution includes:
- Specialized test fixture for connecting a specific type of semiconductor device
- A disk containing test and measurement software
- A data sheet and operating manual
- Manufacturer’s warranty
By purchasing the TestBox®, Clients can significantly reduce the time required to put their products on the market.
Today, more than 550 types of Test Solutions already developed are used by FORMULA® Test System Clients, providing consistent metrological support for quality control of electronic components.test solutions
To reduce the Client’s time and costs for support work, FORM offers the following technical services to FORMULA® TT2 Test System Clients:
- Integration of FORMULA® TT2 Test Systems into the Client’s technological, informational and testing infrastructure, with connection of external equipment, instruments and IT networks
- Scheduled maintenance, repair and metrological services at the place where the ATE is operated
- Organization of workstations based on FORMULA®TT2 Test Systems with a database for ensuring traceability of measurements
- Expansion of the ATE configuration according to a list of typical options, or with custom development of options
Delivery composition of FORMULA® Test System
The FORMULA® TT2 Test System has modular bus architecture and allows for custom hardware and software configuration according to the design versions indicated in the type description of the means of measurement.
The configuration of each Test System is determined based on an analysis of the Client’s tasks, requirements and preferences, and is reflected in the Delivery Specification, as well as in the data sheet for each Test System.
The delivery set includes complete operating and metrological documentation and an initial calibration certificate.
Manufacturer’s warranties and operator support
FORMULA® Test System warranty service and maintenance in operations are provided by the developer and manufacturer, FORM.
The hardware warranty is 1 year and provides for free visits by engineers to the place where the ATE is operated for warranty repair and unscheduled metrological calibration.
At the end of the warranty period, FORM offers Clients a service contract and provides technical service and metrological service upon individual Client request.
The FORM technical support service provides FORMULA® Test System Clients with the following unlimited free services:
- Consultation via telephone, email and fax, during terminal sessions, and directly at FORM premises
- Methodological assistance in complaint analysis
- Remote ATE diagnostics with fault detection
- Updating of software versions
- Arranging for maintenance and repair
- Information on new ATE options and new Test Solutions
Delivery time and price
The FORMULA® TT2 Test System delivery time is from 9 to 15 weeks depending on the configuration.
The cost includes:
- 1 year warranty
- Delivery to the Client’s address, with installation and connection of the ATE on the Client’s premises
- Client personnel training on rules for FORMULA® ATE operation and development of test programs
- Commissioning of Test System with application of TestBox®Test Solutions