FORMULA® 2K test system
Purpose and application
The FORMULA®2K test system is a universal testing and measurement system designed for functional and parametric testing of small and me-dium-scale integrated digital and analog ICs, as well as memory chips.
The application for the Tester is quality control during incoming inspec-tion, manufacturing and pre-shipment inspection, including certification testing.
The FORMULA® 2K meets the Russian metrological standards for measurements and testing in microelectronics.
Developer and the manufacturer of the Test Systems:
Basic technical characteristics and capabilities of FORMULA® 2К
The FORMULA® 2К Test System is a functionally complete automated apparatus for measurement of LSI and ICs and provides:
- High readiness of equipment for measurements and tests
- Automation of all stages of measurement process and data management
- Easily interchangeable test fixtures
- High-speed Multisite mode
- Easy integration with automated probes, loaders, test equipment and instruments
- User-friendly fully functional software
- Automatic diagnostics and metrological calibration
- Reliability in round-the-clock operation
The measurement process ideology implemented in FORMULA® 2K is essentially an integrated IC quality control business process driven by a system of rules and procedures set in Tester’s system software.
This applies to the development of test programs, and the order of access to changes in approved programs, and automatic documenta-tion of all measurement results and parameters, including conducting metrological procedures, etc.
By purchasing FORMULA® 2K, the consumer gets everything one needs to perform measurements:
- Developer tools for measuring program in the SINOP graphic environment equipped with specialised proprietary compiler and library of high level functions
- Measuring program debugging tools, including an integrated logic analyser, an oscilloscope, and a System Inspector, which allows one to check the status of any Test system device directly in the debugging phase
- Multifunction Test Processor for arbitrary logic chips, featuring a standard for IC-testers set of commands, including conditional transitions, nested loops, search for states, etc.
- Algorithmic test generator for memory and regular logic IC – an indispensable tool for proper testing memory ICs, without which the memory check is an overly laborious problem
- A single environment for controlling all stages of measurement process and maintenance
- Means of automatic statistics gathering, data collection and documentation of results
- Tools for automatic diagnostics and metrological procedures
- Differentiation of access levels for Users (software engineer / operator / metrologist / service engineer)
- Ability to integrate with external instruments and devices, which is necessary for both the automation of metrological procedures and extending the functionality of a Test system - its use with probes, test equipment, additional instrumentsThe
As a result, the FORMULA® 2K test system allows for creation of highly sophisticated workflows in the measurement process; ensures trans-parency, reliability and automation on all stages of IC testing.At the same time, the Test system is low-maintenance, designed for continuous operation, reliably retains all metrological characteristics between testings, needs no special infrastructure, can be moved easily (weight is less than 25 kg) and does not require a dedicated or pur-pose-build room.
ВAll these qualities made FORMULA® 2K the most popular electronic components Test system of the last decade among Russian Consumers.
Using FORMULA® 2K for testing ICs under environmental conditions
The ATE is equipped with means for integration with external equip-ment, including probes, test equipment and external instruments.
3An original heat-resistant adapter (specifically developed for FOR-MULA® 2K test system) for testing ICs with up to 256 signal outputs allows for measurements under the influence of temperatures from –60 °C up to +125 °C with the use of «Thermostream». The use of heat-resistant contacts (POGO-PIN) in the adapter guar-antees at least one million connections and disconnections.
In FORMULA® 2K Delivery Specifications there is an optional test acces-sory suitable for a wide range of ICs. It is a universal adapter device– operator console used for testing and sorting components either on Pass/Fail basis or by validity.
Adapters are connected with a multi-wire planar or high-frequency cable. Also they can be installed directly on the tester’s connectors. Adapter with 256 springed heat resistant Pogo-Pin contacts is designed specifically for testing multi-leads ICs under the influence of extreme temperatures.
Universal adapters are used in conjunction with interchangeable equip-ment for different types of microcircuits. Upon Tester’s delivery, clients are provided with documentation on the independent development of measuring equipment
Test solutions TestBox®
To let FORMULA® 2K owners get to real testing as soon as possible and promptly see a return on investment, FORM offers ready made Test solutions as a boxed product.
We’ve been designing Test solutions for years and eventually created a whole library of solutions for a wide range of microcircuits.In package and on the wafer
- using autoloaders and probers
- under normal conditions and under the influence of extreme temperatures (Termostream, pass-through chambers, heat-cold chambers)
Each TestBox® Test Solution is a complete hard- and software package and includes:
- purpose built test fixture for connecting a specific type of VLSI circuit
- disk with a test program
- operator‘s manual
- manufacturer’s warranty
Service & Support
To reduce the downtime and maintenance costs, FORM offers the fol-lowing technical services to our clients:
- Deep test system integration in existing technologi-cal, informational and testing infrastructure (exter-nal equipment, instruments and networks).
- Every tester-based workstation is equipped with information database iLForm to ensure measure-ment data availability.
- Scheduled maintenance, repair and metrological services on site.
- Tester upgrade or functionality expansion either by choosing from existing list of option, or by custom solution development.
- Design and development of customised equipment for measurement and testing
- Client support during reclamation work
Test system FORMULA® 2К Quality
Test system’s quality is determined by the following key criteria:
all tester’s specifications are validated and approved by state appointed division of Rosstandart (Federal Agency on Technical Regulation and Metrology).
Calibration and Metrological verification of a Test system throughout its life is performed in accord-ance with Methods of Verification, issued by Ros-standart and carried out by our own Calibration laboratory which is also accredited and certified by the Agency.
- declared type of ATE compliance and inclusion in the State Register
- environmental safety and electromagnetic compatibility
- stability and accuracy under range of temperatures and during transportation
Included in a box
Each particular equipment kit is determined by client’s requirements and needs and reflected in the delivery specification.
Any FORMULA® 2K tester can be configured in accordance with the options specified in the description.
By customer’s request tester kit can be equipped with existing or cus-tom TestBox® Test Solutions, as well as any additional equipment and instruments for measuring and testing.
Warranty and operation support
The hardware warranty is 1 year and includes free on-site service in case of malfunction or unscheduled metrological calibration.
At the end of the warranty period, FORM offers Clients a service con-tract and provides technical service and metrological service upon individual Client request.
The FORM technical support service provides FORMULA® Test System Clients with the following unlimited free services:
- Consultation via telephone and email, during terminal sessions, and directly at FORM premises
- Methodological assistance in complaint analysis
- Remote ATE diagnostics with fault detection
- Updating of software versions
- Arranging for maintenance and repair
- nformation on new ATE options and new Test Solutions
Delivery time and price
The FORMULA® 2K Test System delivery time is is up to 8 weeks de-pending on configuration.
The cost includes:
- 1 year warranty
- Delivery to specified address, installation and setup of the ATE on site
- Hands on personnel training with FORMULA® operation and testing programs development
- Test System and TestBox® Test Solutions deploymentDelivery